Good news! Friends of the River is bringing back the one-and-only California Rivers Festival, the awesome annual event held each year when the snow begins to melt and the rivers start to rise. Even better news: admission is **free**!
Mark your calendars for Saturday, March 15 and spread the word to fellow boaters about this great opportunity to see old friends, check out the latest gear, find deals at the swap meet, and get the latest on what you can do to help save the rivers you love.
The festival will be in the Sacramento area on Saturday, March 15, 2008, from 10:00 am to 6:00 p.m. at the Waldorf School in Fair Oaks, overlooking the American River.
* A chance to see old friends and find new boating buddies!
* A pavilion full of the latest kayak and whitewater gear from your favorite retailers.
* Swap meet -- buy and sell used boats and gear.
* Live and silent auction with loads of great gear, including a 12’ Hyside cataraft, a 14-foot Aire Tributary raft and a hardshell kayak from Current Adventures (model TBA)!
* Seminars and workshops, such as the state of the delta and levee system from experts who know, fly tying and flycasting, a slide show from the Blue Nile in Africa and how to organize an international expedition trip, how to pack and plan for an expedition trip, a new run on the North Fork American, trouble on the Tuolumne, how to have "Deep Fun" on any river trip, and lots more!
* The California Rivers Festival Art Gallery with three extraordinary nature photographers exhibiting their river, flyfishing and nature photography and showing and discussing their work and craft.
* Adventure films, live entertainment and delectable edibles.
Visit the Festival site www.californiariversfestival.org for up-to-the-minute info about items in the auction and swap meet, and for more details about the workshops, films and other activities.